Friday, April 5, 2013

My 4am Adventure: Day 1 – unsuccessful?


If you haven’t read my previous post, check it out to find out what the 4am adventure is all about!

So how did it go?!

Well, to start, my body did NOT like going to bed at 9 last night!  I tossed and turned for nearly an hour before finally falling asleep, then woke up multiple times throughout the night at least once around 12, once around 1, and once around 3… and those are just the times I looked at the clock and that I remember! 

When 3:45 rolled around and my alarm went off, it’s safe to say I either did not wake up, or I just quickly turned it off and fell back asleep… Same thing at 4 when the next alarm went off.  As you might remember if you read the first post on this “adventure”, I set alarms to remind me to do each “task” throughout the morning.  I missed some of these alarms and woke up to others, but the ones I woke up to I just decided to ignore telling myself the usual “I’ll get up in 5 minutes”.   So from that perspective, today was a failure.

However…  I did actually get out of bed about 10 minutes earlier than usual!  Yay!  And probably the last 30 minutes that I laid in bed I was actually awake the whole time, instead of just waking up long enough to turn off alarms before conking back out.  So when I did finally get out of bed, I was not nearly as sluggish as I normally am.

And maybe it’s just because it’s Friday, but I was a bit more energetic and productive throughout the morning today at work.  Though by afternoon my productivity had definitely waned (now THAT was definitely because it’s Friday!) 

So all in all, I didn’t get out of bed at 4 or accomplish ANY of the things on my “morning to-do list”, but maybe it wasn’t a complete, 100%, total failure.

Now my original post said that this was going to include weekends... Because really, once you start something, it’s best to be consistent at least until it’s a habit.  But since today was unsuccessful, I am considering this weekend just getting up at 6 – still crazy early for a weekend in my book, but not 4am – and re-starting the 4am plan on Monday.  I guess we’ll see how it goes!

No comments: