Thursday, April 18, 2013

Time for Change


Up until this point, my blogging has been… less than consistent.  I basically end up blogging once in a blue moon when I feel inspired or when something major happens.  That’s not really how a blog is supposed to work.  I know this, because I actually spent a semester in college as a student blogger for Notes from the Digital Frontier on MediaPost.  A good blog is updated regularly and has some sort of consistency in regard to topic.  This blog is none of those things.  So I guess that means it’s time for a change!



As a recent college grad, I’ve had a lot of big changes in my life recently.  I no longer live on a college campus, where everything and everyone is within walking distance.  I no longer spend 15 hours a week in class, 10 hours working, and the rest of my time is my own.  I now live in a place I haven’t spent much time since high school.  All of my best friends are spread across other states, and I spend 50+ hours a week sitting at a desk working or sitting in the car driving to work.  It’s been a pretty big adjustment, and I have been struggling in a lot of areas.  One thing I have been gradually getting better at is trying new things.  Since graduating college just under a year ago, I have tried boot camp and yoga classes, I have learned to crochet, I bought a sewing machine and have made 5 baby blankets and a few other projects, I’ve discovered that running can be fun, and I’ve taken some big personal and professional development steps! 

As some of you may know, a few weeks back I decided I was going to try waking up every day at 4am.  Needless to say, I was unsuccessful.  But I am planning on trying again.  This is just one of many lifestyle changes I am trying to make these days.  I am also trying to get back into a routine of exercising regularly.  I want to take horseback riding lessons. I want to manage my money better.  I want to eat healthier.  I want to blog more!

So what does this mean for Knee Deep?  Here’s what you can expect from this blog moving forward:
  • A strong focus on change and development
  • Topics including cooking/recipes, exercise, health, travel, and crafts (some with tutorials)
  • At least 2 posts per week – This is my current goal; it may become more frequent as I get the hang of things.
  • A positive attitude!

For the next several weeks, there will be two main topics:
  •  I’ve decided to go vegetarian for “Meatless May” – expect to hear about my challenges and successes with this new idea, as well as some recipes and meal plans.
  •  I just started the Spring into Shape Bootcamp Challenge on SparkPeople and will possibly post about that as well.  I joined SparkPeople in November, but haven’t really gotten into it yet – it seems like a great resource though!

So that's it!  Welcome to the new and improved Knee Deep!  Let me know what you think!

No comments: